Apartment for rent from € 84/day in Tabiano CastelloName/Address:
This self-catering apartment is on the ground floor and can sleep up 5 people (2 bedrooms). The dinette kitchen is fully equipped. All windows are double glazed, and all have mosquito net.
Enjoy alfresco relaxing, dining and barbeques outside in our gazebo, complete with tables and chairs, perfect for a drink at the sunset or a picnic. The wonderful view over the hills, the countryside and Tabiano Castle is unforgettable!
From May to September you can enjoy the public pools and the Aqua Park with very long slides in the nearby, only 300 mt far from the house.
The owner, on site, will be happy to offer recommendations to try the local famous food and wines, at very reasonable prices, and give you tips to discover many small trattorias in the countryside
The area: Salsomaggiore, together with Tabiano, is one of the most prestigious resort spas in Italy: lush and green hills, parks and gardens, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a golf course, trekking circuits, and a wide choice of cultural and artistic events.
This is Parma province, just in the heart of Northen Italy. Thanks to this convenient location you can visit all the major cities and lakes as day trips:
Parma is only 32 km from the house...
Piacenza 35 km (40 min),
Cremona 60 km (1h)
Mantova 100 km (1h 30min)
Milano 105 km (1h 15min),
Modena 85 km (1h),
Bologna 120 km (1h 20min),
Garda Lake 120 km (1h 10min),
Verona 160 km (1h 40min),
La Spezia - Cinque Terre - Portofino 120/140 km (1h 30min),
Pisa - Firenze 180/215 km (2h)
Alternatively take the train (Fidenza is the main station), and get straight to the city centres without traffic and parking hassles.
But... take time to visit local places as well, to enjoy an authentic experience of gorgeous rural Italy!
Local places of interest and excursions: * medieval Castles of the Duchy of Parma & Piacenza,
* Busseto, the suggestive native places of the great composer Giuseppe Verdi,
* the river Po and the small villages of the famous Don Camillo and Peppone movies,
* natural roads along the Regional Stirone River Park: an ideal place for the lovers of trekking, MTB and bird-watching. It is also very interesting for its numerous fossil findings which still exist along the river,
* local market town or Fidenza Outlet Village with 50 fashion boutiques
* mountain bike or trekking on the surrounding hills and on the Appennini Mountains. The Appennini offer wonderful views, pristine landscapes, pure mountain springs and lakes, clean air,
* Golf courses in Salsomaggiore or Castell'Arquato,
* Pilgrims ways along the Via Francigena: the most ancient road of Europe. An historical and religious itinerary, a main road tread on in the past by thousands of people traveling to Rome.
Food & Wine: Parma and its province are definitely some of the preferred destinations for those who love food and local products amongst which stand out various kinds of cold meats and salami and cheese, but also mushrooms, pasta and wines. Both parmesan cheese (“Parmigiano Reggiano”) and nutty-sweet 'prosciutto di Parma' are still prepared with homemade processes. Why don't visit a farm to discover the secrets of the success?
And don't forget “culatello di Zibello”, that matures and assumes a particular aroma thanks to the humid winter fogs and the hot summers of the plane such as the shoulder of ham of San Secondo.
On the Apennines and in particular in the area of Borgotaro 'porcino' mushrooms grow and are eaten in many ways: fried, truffled, stewed, in sauces, dried, etc… Regarding wines you can stretch from the whites of the hills, Malvasia and Sauvignon, and the reds of the planes of which is the generous Lambrusco or the sweet sparkling Fortana.
Come and try the real pleasure of eating!