Villa for rent from € 215/day in RavelloName/Address: *Villa Minerva
The villa , where Casa Minerva is located , is a beautiful ancient villa set into a cliff that drops steeply down to the sea. It dates back to the XII century and belongs to an old noble family whose original coat of arms can still be seen placed above the gate of the small church , which is still consecrated , located on the ground floor of the villa . It was converted long time ago, like many others in the area, into its present state of large and independent apartments arranged on three floors, each with its separate entrance.
This large villa , situated between the coastal road and the sea , combines an exclusive waterside position and short distance to the famous Amalfi ( about 3 kms) and the town of Ravello ( about 6 kms ) with famous gardens of Villa Rufolo, the medieval villa where every summer , all cultural happenings and the International Music Festival are held.
The views from the house are magnificent; the water is just below the property, which has its private access to the sea and a large sunbathing terrace on cliff.
The interior of the house is just as charming as the place where it stands. It is an airy, large and bright apartment with terracotta tiled floors , high vaulted ceilings and thick old stone walls which keep the house cool even when the weather is extremely hot.
The long terrace that extend in front of all of the rooms offer a wide view of the sea, and the surrounding coastline.
All the house has been appointed for giving a warm feeling. The interior is furnished with modern furnishings and antiques pieces , as well as paintings , important ornaments and coloured piece of ceramics, hand-made by the owners.
To stay at Casa Minerva a car is not necessary. The stop for the buses that go to Minori, Amalfi or to the other coastal towns , can be found within 50 meters away from the house.
Accessed via the terrace at back of the house, the entrance leads onto a long corridor with doors opening into the various rooms
- Spacious and bright Master bedroom
- A bathroom with shower, WC, wash basin etc, is immediately outside the master bedroom
- Large room with a comfortable living area with 2 sofas - one of which can be made into a single bed to sleep one guest - a table with chairs , bookshelves and a built-in wardrobe. By the sofa bed, an open wooden staircase of 12 steps leads up to a mezzanine, where a double bedroom has been obtained. The mezzanine is delimited by a wooden railing which permits one to see the area below.
- Living/dining room with wooden dining table seating four , two sofas, armchairs and satellite TV.
- A spacious kitchen equipped with a four-burner cooker , a large refrigerator with freezer, an oven, a microwave and a dishwasher.The kitchen is connected with the living/dining room and is also accessible from the main corridor.
- From the kitchen , a short corridor communicates with another bathroom with a shower cabin, WC, wash basin and washing machine
All the rooms have direct access to the terrace which runs the length of the apartment and offers breathtaking views of the sea . It is furnished with sun lounges and outside furniture
The large , private terrace located at the back of the house has parking space for 2 cars to one side - one at clients' disposal while the second one is reserved for the owner's use. - and ample space to have meals outdoor on the other. It is equipped with a bench, tables with chairs , wood oven for making pizza , a portable barbecue and lighting. The terrace is enclosed by an iron gate and is shaded by a wisteria pergola.
The sea can be reached by taking an external staircase of approx. 60 stairs , which lead to the sunbathing terrace on cliff with access to the sea.
English speaking manager on call.
Mandatory weekly cleaning fee, payable locally : 100,00 euros per week Extra hours on request on confirmation of booking, payable locally. Approximately Euro 10 an hour.