House for rent from £ 566/day in Saint Julien l'ArsName/Address: Chateau De St Jean
The oldest part of the Chateau de St Jean itself was constructed on Roman ruins and later expanded during the 16th and 19th Centuries.
The chateau main entry on the ground floor gives direct access to the large mirrored dining hall, a smaller dining room and the main staircase offering access to the reception rooms on the first floor.
A large well-equipped kitchen including a large double refrigerator and professional dishwasher directly serves both dining rooms and the terrace.
There are also 3 toilets on this floor.
The first floor entertainment rooms, served by a large entry foyer include a music room with marble fireplace, a reception room and a library.
All have wifi internet internet access.
The floor also has 3 bedrooms (each with en-suite bathroom facilities), 2 with king-sized four-poster beds and one with twin single beds.
The second floor has six bedrooms, three of which have en-suite bathrooms and king-sized four-poster beds.
There is also a large 3-bedroom suite with full bathroom plus separate WC.
One bedroom has a four-poster king-sized bed, one a queen-sized and one a double.
In addition 2 cots and 2 high chairs are available.
The third floor contains 3 two-bedroom suites.
Each suite shares a full bathroom and one has an additional WC.
Five of their six bedrooms have full-sized double beds and the sixth has twin single beds.
There is also a 7th bedroom on the floor with double bed and en-suite bathroom.
The estate lies within 56 acres of tranquil gardens and parkland.
It is located behind gated and secured walls and as such offers excellent security for large groups with children.
The gravel driveway extending up to the front of the chateau provides a serene and idyllic setting for an afternoon cocktail and game of boules in the sun.
A large terrace overlooking the rear garden with fountain and gazabo is directly served from the kitchen and is ideal for entertaining.
Sun loungers and outdoor furniture together with a BBQ are available for outdoor use by guests.
The substantial number of outbuildings and beautiful grounds that comprise the estate can be used for a wide variety of functions and events.
In particular the old carriage house which has been transformed into a banquet hall seating up to 200 people can be used for weddings, seminars and catered events.
For catered occasions the facility comes with a catering kitchen, WCs, and separate parking area for non-resident guests.
Terms & Conditions- Capacity: Chateau comfortably sleeps a maximum of 34 adults.
11 full sized single beds can be added and a cottage for 6 guests is available for total of 51 adults.
- Security deposit: €900.
This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure (within 30 days) subject to damage inspection.
- Linen & towels: All bed linen and towels are included in the rental price.
- 15% discount off advertised prices on mid week bookings.
Arriving on 5 p.
m on Tuesday till 10.
m on Friday.
- Energy costs: There is a 170 euro per day charge for chateau central heating if required.
Banqueting hall: 100€
- End of stay cleaning: Not included.
- Arrival time: 5pm onwards.
Arrival can be earlier but in the grounds and chateau ground floor only.
- Departure time: 10am from the bedrooms and 12am from the property.
- Pets: No pets allowed.
- Smoking: No smoking inside the buildings.
- Banqueting hall: For short breaks of less than a week during June, July & August rental of the banqueting hall is obligatory (seats up to 200) at a cost of €1500 - €1900 (Season dependent).
Must be rented in conjunction with the chateau for any stay less than one week in the summer.
This is paid directly to the owner and is in addition to the online rental rate.
- Additional beds: Extra beds for groups over 34 are charged at €100 per bed for 1 - 3 nights or €130 per bed for 4- 7 nights.
- 2 children’s cots and 2 high chairs are also available for free.
- Wedding surcharge: €500.
Paid directly to owner.
- It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Walkable Restaurant
- Internet Access
- Golf Course Nearby
- Wine Tasting
- Ground Floor Bed/Bath
- Bicycles Provided
- Wedding Venue