House for rent from £ 163/day in Vireux WallerandName/Address: Chateau Ridou
Beautifully secluded in the 2000 hectare Ardennes Forest, the chateau dates back to the 1600s, and is peacefully located in a vast valley.
Chateau Ridou was built by Oranje-Nassau, using rocks from the mountain next to the château.
The ground floor benefits from an entrance hall with WC, huge sitting room with satellite television and VCR, attractive dining room with music system, and a large fully equipped kitchen with electric oven, microwave, dishwasher and gas range.
On the first floor, guests will find three twin bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and two large double bedrooms with king size bed and en-suite bathroom.
On the second floor, one will find the dormitory-style bedroom with five single beds and en-suite bathroom and the bedroom for three people with three single beds and en-suite bathroom.
Chateau Ridou has fantastic facilities for guests to enjoy during their stay.
An outdoor BBQ, wonderful dining terraces, ample parking, courts for badminton and tennis, table-tennis (in the chapel), boules, swimming and fishing at River Meuse, just in front of the chateau, walking and mountain biking can all be enjoyed in the grounds of the estate and surrounding area.
Terms & Conditions- Capacity: The property comfortably sleeps 18 adults and 2 children or teenagers.
- Security deposit: €500.
This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Cleaning charge: 150€+40€ per night for charges, tax and consumption.
- Wood if required 10€ per box.
- Linen & towels: Linen and towels are available for hire at 12 euros per person.
Alternatively you may bring your own.
- Energy costs: April to June €50 per night, July to September €40 per night and October to March €70 per night.
- End of stay cleaning: €150 for the chateau.
€35-70 per gite.
- Arrival time: 4pm onwards.
- Departure time: 10am.
- Pets: No pets allowed.
You may bring a horse with prior arrangement.
- Smoking: No smoking in the bedrooms of the property.
- Party barn: This is available for hire for €150 or free if you purchase your drinks from the owner.
This should be booked in advance of arrival.
- Changeover days: Please note that all weekly bookings run from Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday.
Short breaks run from Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday.
- Please note: If you only rent the chateau, the other gites within the estate may be rented to other guests.
However, these properties are entirely separate from the chateau and self contained so your privacy is ensured.
- It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Walkable Restaurant
- Internet Access
- Tennis Court
- Golf Course Nearby
- All bedrooms en-suite
- Chapel On Site
- Wedding Venue