House for rent from £ 490/day in Penne d'AgenaisName/Address: Chateau Agenais
It is the very epitome of the French Chateau dream and is an ideal holiday rental for small and large groups alike.
Set around a courtyard and enjoying wonderful views towards the north and west, the day-to-day accommodation is spread over one floor.
There is a large kitchen which also has a breakfast area and a seating area in front of the large open fireplace.
The kitchen area itself is fully equipped.
The living room is very much the heart of the house, with a large open fireplace and internal doors to the sitting room and kitchen.
Ideal for large groups, there is also a small sitting room for quieter times.
From the sitting room, there are stairs down to the vaulted dining room which seats 16 easily and the vaulted drawing room.
There are 8 bedrooms in total, 5 in the main house and 3 in the guest house.
- Bedroom 1 is the master suite and is very spacious.
It has a dressing room and en-suite shower-room plus an en-suite vathroom set up a beautiful spiral staircase.
- Bedroom 2 is a twin bedroom and is accessed through Bedroom 1 so ideal for families
- Bedroom 3 is a double bedroom
- Bedroom 4 is another double bedroom and is accessed from the main hallway
- Bedroom 5 is tucked into the eaves and is accessed through the shower room
- There is a family shower room on the first floor with walk in shower, loo and basin
The Guest Cottage has an additional kitchen and living area as well as three further bedrooms
- Bedroom 6 is a double bedroom and overlooks the courtyard.
It has a large family bathroom with double ended bath, two sinks and loo
- Bedroom 7 is also a double bedroom
- Bedroom 8 is a twin bedroom
- Bedrooms 7 and 8 share a shower room which is located between them
- There is also an additional loo
Tucked away at one end of the garden and partially set in a 'ruin', the swimming pool is extremely private.
There are plenty of recliners and garden seating to laze away the day from.
There is also a flat roof terrace over the pump house, offering the ideal sun trap from which to enjoy a bird's eye view of the property.
The 25 hectares of garden have a bit of everything - formal and graceful gardens surround the property, giving way to more natural parkland planted with a range of 8000 trees, whilst more mature woods can be found to the rear.
The driveway itself is accessed through electrically-operated wrought iron gates and is tree-lined, and there is an additional side driveway.
- Sleeps up to 16
- Many en-suites
- Guest Cottage
- Games Room
- Swimming pool
- Close to village with amenities
- Sheltered Courtyard Gardens
- Ideal for golfing, wine tasting and fishing weekends
- All these activities can be arranged locally
- 1 hr to Bergerac International Airport
Terms & ConditionsChataeau Conditions
- Capacity: 16
- Security deposit: €1250.
This is paid prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- End of stay cleaning: Please enquire.
- Change over day: Saturday.
- Arrival: Between 4.
- Departure: 8.
- All guests must be stated on the booking form.
- Heating: Please enquire
- Pets: Please enquire
- It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Swimming Pool
- Games Room
- Open Fire