In the heart of historical town of CASOLI beautiful historical palace of the 900's.
The property is on 3 levels of about 400 sq. mt. with big terrace and splendid view towards mountains.
The property kept the original characteristic: large rooms, high vaulted ceiling and, particularly details and, the house has a lot of spaces unused. The lay-out is as follows:
Semi-underground floor/ground floor boiler room and different spaces.
Ground floor two doors entrance; one for the main apartment with a storage room and, one for the cellar and storage rooms, this area can be converted in apartment, there is also a bathroom.
First floor Kitchen, wc, dining room, bedroom and wonderful huge living room.
Second floor 4 bedrooms 1 with terrace, bathroom.
The house is ideal for a B&B!
Casoli is a town of 5,971 inhabitants in the province of Chieti in Abruzzo.
The village, gathered around the ducal castle and the parish church, perched on a hill on the right side of the Aventino river at the foot of Mount Majella.
In the territory of which the lake Sant'Angelo, a reservoir created in 1958 by the damming of the Aventine, and the Natural Reserve Serranella characterized by large areas of the mire at the mouth of the river Gogna.
Remember the Ducal Castle, built around a pentagonal tower dating from the ninth century. Completed in 1455 by the Orsini, later passed to the principles of Aquinas who kept the property until the early nineteenth century. In 1845 it was bought by the family Masciantonio who sold it to the City in 1981.
Adjacent to the castle (maybe it was originally the palace chapel) is the parish church, dedicated to Santa Maria Maggiore that arose during the Middle Ages, was transformed in 1759 with three aisles and, around 1820, assumed its present neo-classical structure. The church of Santa Reparata was founded (under the title of Santa Liberata) in 1447. On November 26, 1943, an aerial bomb small (excerpt), from an Allied air, fell on the roof of the right aisle of the church, opening a gash in the roof structure: the blast also damaged some of the paintings of fine coffered ceiling carved and painted in gold and silver, built between 1603 and 1606 Venetian artist Vittorio Buzzacarino (Victorius Buzacarinus). The fine ceiling declared a National Monument but went completely dispersed after the war, during the renovation. The church, rebuilt in 1952, still retains many Renaissance architectural elements belonging to the original building (a portal, a triumphal arch and three altars, all dated 1539) and a triptych with Santa Liberata, 1506
The position on the map may not be accurate